Here are some part time jobs for December. Apply before the closing date
R242 848 a year
Full Job Description
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
Reporting to Residence Manager, the Butler / Operations Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the the smooth running of the household and the servicing of the principals (High Commissioner & Consul Generals) and their guests. They will learn the personal preferences of the principals and ensure that the Residence facility and services are delivered in a proactive, discreet, timely, thoughtful and unobtrusive manner. They provide leadership to the housekeepers, security, contract gardeners and any other outsourced staff, ensuring the property and the service provided are of a high standard and cost efficient. They handle external commercial clients and guests and participate in increasing the usage of the Residence to help offset running costs.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Welcome guests to the Residence and ensure their comfort, safety and ability to conduct business
- Ensure there is always someone on duty in the Residence when guests are in-house for formal events. To include organisation of rotas
- Personally serve principals, guests and clients as appropriate
- Plan and manage the provision of meals, refreshments for guests and events
- When requested, liaise with organisers and ensure a comprehensive brief is taken. Interact with Residence Manager on costing; staffing; hiring of suppliers; layout and requirements
- Ensure the Residence is prepared according to the agreed brief
- Brief Residence staff and suppliers
- Provide an event management service as per the event brief
- Provide guidance in etiquette, protocol, and appropriate housekeeping and service standards
- Engaging / contracting and overseeing outside contractors, service providers and suppliers. Ensuring the quotations meet the brief, prices are fair and the work is to standard
- Supervision of maintenance, repairs and improvement projects
- Overseeing the housekeeping staff. Guide and lead them to carry out their jobs in a positive, motivated manner. Coach and address performance issues with the Residence Manager’s support. Try to achieve a harmonious, happy and hard working team, cross skilled to cover one another
- Staff training
- Supervise timekeeping records, rostering and attendance
- Supervise the counting of cutlery, crockery, glassware and recording of inventories
- Quarterly count of linen and table linen
- Monthly count of cutlery, crockery, glassware
- Weekly count of cleaning materials and request replacements when at minimum stock levels
- Complete records and send to the Residence Manager as required
- Set up a system for issuing and return of residence equipment and stocks to caterers and third parties
- Manage shopping, expense control and admin
- Together with the Residence Manager, keep track of household expenses and costs and submit. Complete expense returns on time
- Manage the wine cellar – keep a stock of suitable wines and beverages and liaise with the Principals and Residence Manager in selecting
- Prepare and print menus, place name cards
High Commissioner Personal Service
- Manage the provision of personal housekeeping services to the High Commissioner and his/her personal guests for non-official weekends and duties
Cape Town Cover
- Provide similar services at Cape Town Residence during holidays, absence and large-scale events
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Hotel / hospitality management training and experience
- Certified qualification in household and property / hospitality and residential service
- Valid drivers license
- Experience as a managing Butler in a diplomatic residence, boutique hotel or private home of similar standing, with excellent references and a track record of expertise in:
- Service of high quality food and beverages
- Staff supervision
- Events management
- Maintenance and repairs
- Budgeting and cost management
- Excellent computer literacy
- Light food preparation
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Knowledge of wine and food
- Able to do very basic maintenance such as changing light bulbs, using a drill etc.
Seeing the Big Picture, Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Working Together
Application deadline Application deadline – day Application deadline – month Application deadline – year
1 December 2022
Administrative Officer (AO)
Type of Position
Type of Post
British High Commission
R 242,848.44 per annum
Start Date Start Date – day Start Date – month Start Date – year
1 January 2023
Other benefits and conditions of employment
The British High Commission pays in full for the Key Care Plus option on Discovery Health for staff including spouses/partners and dependants.
- Once you have successfully completed your probation the British High Commission will contribute 9% of your monthly salary to a Provident Fund.
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days
- Working hours per week of 36.5
- Due to the nature of operations and events, overtime is accumulated when working outside of normal working hours. For this reason overnight accommodation will be provided if necessary and with the agreement of the Residence Manager
- In addition, all overtime is claimed as TOIL (Time off In Lieu)
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Pretoria are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in South Africa.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocate
- The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/success-profiles. Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
Please be aware that you will only be able
e to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
2 thoughts on “December Jobs”
1688 kanana RDP Hammanskraal